Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mucho progress update

the culprit:

It's the 4th of July! Happy 234th birthday! 234 years of being a black eye to England and I'm celebrating by fixing a Rover. In Texas. Go figure.

A couple of days ago I installed a new washer fluid container and pump, not stock- but for $13 i can't complain. I found out that when it squirts on the passenger side the window leaks. Gotta fix that.

I found a yellow warning light at a parts store that fit in the dash hole perfectly that got hooked up to 'ignition on' circuit. Looks good, works good.

I FINALLY put the new skirted thermostat in- been running it without.
I cleaned the crud out of it and found the skirt from the previous thermostat still stuck in there. The 3 piece thermostat housing that rover used is -again- over engineered weighing in at 47 lbs of cast iron.
The hole from the front of the engine block goes into the housing for the thermostat that also has an opening on the side to the bypass hose that is supposed to keep the cylinder head from cracking, then another top piece adapts it to the radiator hose. Kinda looks like a moonshine still.

I "won" a hand throttle off of fleabay, can't wait to get it installed.

insurance, inspection and its road worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment