Friday, March 12, 2010

Seat belts and vents and shocks- oh my!


Well, I managed to get my right angle grinder (probably the best tool in the shop) back and began the journey of putting in seat belts. I cut the original Jeep mounts down, and welded extra strengtheners to the mounting plate. Here is the result:


I saw another set like this on the web and it had protective cover plate, so using my mad skills the belts got a -sturdy- cage around them out of galvanized sheet. they will bolt to the wall between the mounting plate.

From the passenger side, the plate will mount immediately above the wheel well. I still need a guide for the belt to run through to keep it from rubbing on the trim.

While waiting for the paint to dry, the vents got hooked up. note: the little screw on arms go up to the hinge. When you put them on upside down it doesn't close.

Notice anything different? Probably not. I ejected a bunch of junk from the back to make some work room. The dash is mostly completed, seat belts in but not mounted, rear passenger seat in, spare tire on hood now.

And my shocks came in. They are a set for a Grand Wagoneer for the front and a Dodge 2500 for the rear. $36 for 4 shocks. Thats almost stealing. The eyes may have to be modified to fit the bolts, but these have, from what I've seen, about 2 -3x the travel available of a stock shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment