Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The dash and belts.

The wiring was assembled after a month hiatus, having to re-learn the wiring and where it goes, the power was re-routed to give the lights and accessory lighting full time power.
Accesory lighting used to be dash lights switch, but is for the dome light now. I may add floorboard lights just for kicks for those topless nights.
The wiper and fan are key-on power only as are the passing beams (like it needs those)
With the dash on I tried to take her around the block, and the speedo isn't registering. Dang. Hopefully the cable just pulled out when I finagled it in there.
At least the lights work.
I think that I said the front seatbelts came from a 2002 jeep tj. They're just the right length and the buckle side fits between the front seats perfectly.
The upside is that I found the long missing lower front seatbelt anchors in a pile of spare parts.
I'll make the mounting plate for the reel behind the seats and have real seatbelts!

The rover shifted pretty good going down the road, I dropped in a ditch, popped it in 4hi and its kinda anemic. Although 4 lo crawled up and over the edge of the driveway without problems, except for slamming the rear leafspring on the concrete coming back into the ditch, it seemed happy.

I'm hoping to have it ready for SCARR in Marble Falls, TX next month. This is hosted by Texas Rovers and has been around for a couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment