Thursday, January 28, 2010

Keep the engine?

Yea, I think it'll stay. At least for now. I dumped some Marvel Mystery Oil down each spark plug hole and hand rotated the engine over a couple times over a days time. Changed the plugs, oil, filter, and rebuilt the Rochester carb. The electric fuel pump is shot, so I'll have to improvise. The people out in Weatherford supposidly had the engine and xfer case rebuilt in the mid '90s before it was parked. The wiring is 'good' (for a 70's British vehicle) except for the immediate dash area and the cut wires at the front fenders. I think the reason the original dash is gone is that the power wire for the brake lights is melted to a couple other wires. After clearing the mouse nest out from under the dash, I could see that I had my work cut out for me. The clutch master had a crystalline mess in it and was frozen, the brakes weren't far behind. The master was crystalized and dry rotted. Steering, except for the dust boots, was Corvette tight. Weird. The radiator holds water, but the pump is a little whiney. Dang, its leaking water now.
Ok, tried 3 time to add video of it actually running. Trust me it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment