Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hey! Is that a Scout?

This is my attempt to revitalize a 1973 Land Rover 88 that I found in a field about a year ago. (now year and a half- but who's counting?)
Why a Rover you ask? Wouldn't a Jeep be easier in the US? Why yes it would. Parts are plentiful and advice is just around the corner.
I've HAD a CJ7, a CJ5, a '47 Willys, a full size Cherokee, and a XJ Cherokee. Along with a 460CI bad *** '79 Bronco. They served their purposes, but I wanted something different this time. As one magazine wrote,' there are a lot of CJ me toos on the trail'

So the benefits were:
+ The Rover has full floating axles. Front and rear.
+ The Rover has shackle reversal. Stock from the factory.
+ The Rover has military wrapped leaf springs. Stock from the factory.
+ The Rover sat in a field since around 1994. It didn't rust cause its mostly aluminum.
+ The Rover was inbetween size of the CJs and the Full size vehicles.
+ It has seating for up to 7 people (although this would be a ball buster for the front middle passenger)
+ The Rover was -almost- complete - I thought..
+ The Rover was based off the Willys which I had rebuilt in 2003/2004. If you understand the Jeep, you'll understand most of the Rovers "logic"
+ And foremost- the price was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment